This plugin for WordPress adds a background-size controller to the Background Image section in the WordPress Customizer.
You can access the new controller by going to Appearance > Customize from the Dashboard, and clicking on the Background Image section.
Once you’ve added your custom background image, you can set your background-image size to:
– “Cover”: As large as possible; fills entire view, with cropping.
– “Contain”: As large as possible, without cropping; fits inside of view.
– “100% width”: Width fits view perfectly, height may be smaller or larger than view (equivalent to css ‘100% auto’).
– “100% height”: Height fits view perfectly, width may be smaller or larger than view (equivalent to css ‘auto 100%’).
– “Inherit”: Sets background size to whatever parent element is set to (html, in this case).
– “Custom”: Allows you to put in your own css to be applied in the section called “CSS for background-size (if ‘custom’ selected).”
To learn more about the CSS background-size property, go to:
*The plugin works by adding styles to the body.custom-background class. If the default custom-background support has been disrupted, then this plugin will not work.