This plugin addresses the issues as identified by the Google Analytics team at:
Others have also blogged about their own solutions at:
See http://grantnorwood.com/wordpress/plugins/adjusted-bounce-rate/ for more information about the plugin and the author, or visit the GitHub repo at https://github.com/grantnorwood/adjusted-bounce-rate to fork my code or submit an issue.
- Set the engagement tracking event interval. (Defaults to 10 secs.)
- Set the max engagement time, which allows you to customize when the session should be
considered abandoned. (Defaults to 20 mins.)
- Set the minimum engagement time, which can be used to set an initial amount of time
required to count the user has having engaged. (Defaults to 10 secs.)
- Customize the event Category, Action and Label names to be displayed in Google Analytics.
- Create goals in Google Analytics based on the time on page. (GA goals only support session duration by default!)
- Uses either the old pageTracker code, the newer asynchronous code, or the newest Universal Analytics code.
- Choose header or footer placement for the code.
- Compatible with Ajaxify jQuery plugin.