Build a better post list.
The Advanced Posts Widget is an enhanced version of the default WordPress Recent Posts widget. It allows for greater customization and stying of your recent content lists.
Make your post lists stand out with this highly customizable recent post widget!
- Build multiple lists!
- Select which post types to display. (You can choose either all types, or a specific type.)
- Set the number of posts to show.
- Choose how to order your posts: publish date, alphabetically, random, etc.
- Set the order for displaying the posts.
- Filter by category, tag, or custom taxonomy.
- Supports post thumbnails.
- Set and preview custom thumbnail sizes, or choose from your site’s registered image sizes.
- Show an excerpt of the post.
- Set and preview the length of the excerpt.
- Select the list format to match your site’s markup. Choose from:
- Select the listing format. Choose between
- Show post date.
- Set and preview multiple date formats.
- Choose the default (basic) CSS styling or roll your own.
This widget was built not only with end-users in mind, but also plugin developers. Almost every aspect of this widget is extensible through filters and action hooks. You can even add your own form fields to the widget form!
- Need to remove a field from the widget form? Not a problem! Every field is passed through its own filter for easy customization.
- Need to modify the output of the widget? Easy! The output is passed through numerous filters, allowing you to customize the post list to meet your project’s requirements.
- For a full list of action hooks and filters, please see the plugin documentation: http://darrinb.com/plugins/advanced-posts-widget
For sample functions check out this small testing plugin: https://github.com/dboutote/Advanced-Posts-Widget-Testing