Uses the parent/child relationship of your pages or categories to generate menus based on the current section of your site. Assign a page or category to a parent and this will do the rest for you.
Keeps the menu clean and usable. Only related items display so you don’t have to worry about keeping a custom menu up to date or displaying links to items that don’t belong.
Check out Advanced Sidebar Menu PRO for more features including priority support, the ability to customize the look and feel, custom link text, excluding of pages, category ordering, accordions, custom post types, custom taxonomies, and so much more!
PRO version 8.1.0 is now available with support to exclude and change titles of navigation menu items using each page’s settings!
- Page and Category widgets.
- Option to display or not display the highest level parent page or category.
- Option to display the menu when there is only the highest level parent.
- Ability to order pages by (date, title, page order).
- Exclude pages or categories by entering a comma separated list of ids.
- Option to always display child pages or categories.
- Option to select the levels of pages or categories to display when always display child is used.
- Option to display or not display categories on single posts.
- Ability to display each single post’s category in a new widget or in same list.
Page Widget Options
- Add a title to the widget
- Display the highest level parent page
- Display menu when there is only the parent page
- Order pages by (date, title, page order)
- Exclude pages
- Always display child Pages
- Number of levels of child pages to display when always display child pages is checked
Category Widget Options
- Add a title to the widget
- Display the highest level parent category
- Display menu when there is only the parent category
- Display categories on single posts
- Display each single post’s category in a new widget or in same list
- Exclude categories
- Always display child categories
- Levels of Categories to display when always display child categories is checked
- Priority support.
- Ability to customize each page’s link text.
- Click and drag styling for page, category, and navigation menu widgets.
- Styling options for links including color, background color, size, and font weight.
- Styling options for different levels of links.
- Styling options for the current page or category.
- Styling options for the parent of the current page or category.
- Block styling options including borders and border colors.
- Bullet style selection from 7 styles or select none to have no bullets.
- Accordion menu support for pages, categories, and navigation menus.
- Accordion icon style and color selection.
- Accordion option to keep all sections closed until clicked.
- Accordion option to include the highest level parent in accordion.
- Ability to exclude a page from all menus using a simple checkbox.
- Link ordering for the category widget.
- Number of levels of pages to show when always displayed child pages is not checked.
- Ability to select and display custom post types.
- Ability to select and display custom taxonomies.
- Optionally display the current page’s parents, grandparents, and children only.
- Optionally display child page siblings when on a child page. With our without grandchildren available. .
- Ability to display the widgets everywhere the sidebar displays.
- Ability to select the parent page/category when using the display widget everywhere option.
- Ability to display assigned posts or custom post types under categories.
- Ability to select which levels of categories assigned posts should display under. NEW
- Ability to limit the number of posts or custom post types to display under categories.
- Support for custom navigation menus from Appearance -> Menus.
- Ability to display the current Navigation Menu’s items parents, siblings and children only.
- Optionally display the top-level Navigation Menu’s items when there are no child items or not viewing a menu item.
- Access to members only support area.
Currently ships with the following languages
- English (US)
- German (de_DE)
Developer docs may be found here.
Send pull requests via the GitHub Repo