This Plugins extends the functionality provided by wordpress by enabling the following features.
- Upload large file by chunking them up, this is use on shared hosts with http upload limit.
- Multiple upload directories.
- Creates thumbnails in browser instead of server. This is to avoid memory limits on shared hosts.
- Creates thumbnails for PDF files using PDF.js.
- Add files straight to WordPress Gallery.
- Add files straight to BWS Gallery.
- Select Category for files before uploading. Will read MP3 tags to guess category. Can exclude categories from list e.g. Uncategorized.
The settings for this plugin are in Media Settings page.
This plugin requires a modern browser, e.g. IE8 will not work.
This plugin uses code from the following sources
* DropzoneJS – Copyright (c) 2012, Matias Meno, More info at www.dropzonejs.com – This used to allow chunked uploading
* PDF.JS – Copyright 2012 Mozilla Foundation – v2.3.2 – This is to create the PDF thumbnails.
* JS MediaTags – v3.9.0 – This used for reading the mp3 tags