Display and browse all the images on your wordpress website in one place using the shortcode.
I wanted to have all the pictures that have been uploaded on my website to be displayed and browsable in one place, without having to create my own gallery logic. So the plugin is simply looking at all the categories and pages, then check if there are images in all the category’s posts (or pages) and, if there are, use the [ gallery ] shortcode to display the images.
The plugin should work and fit with every themes as it’s using the original wordpress gallery markup. Every themes normally have style this feature as you use the gallery shortcode in pages or posts.
There is a ‘exclude images’ features that let you select images that should be display in the Gallery page. But do to a wordpress bug in 2.9.1 with the include/exclude feature, this feature as been disable. It’s shame as the feature is pretty cool and easy to use. Maybe with the 2.9.2.
All-in-One-Gallery plugin work with the new [ gallery ] shortcode and therefor will only work with wordpress version older then 2.5. Also, I created this plugin for Anna Chocola and myself, you can try it on my website by clicking Image Gallery in the sidebar or on Anna Chocola’s website by also clicking on Image Gallery in the sidebar.
I use it with 2 other plugins: cleaner-gallery that is just a plugin that clean the wordpress gallery XHTML, works exactly the same way but with cleaner XHTML. And light-box-2 that does the lightbox effect/system. But you don’t have to.
- Pagination and number of posts per page
- Fit into your theme as it’s using the same gallery that you use in pages or posts.
- Five style for the gallery menu (blue, green, grey, pink) plus a ‘no style’ to let you manage it yourself.
- Possibility to exlude categories without images.
- Welcome message or default category.
- Implement all features of the wordpress gallery (like number of images per row or order).
- Easy to use and set. Author, Editor and Admin can update the gallery options.
WARNING BEFORE UPDATING FROM 1.0 TO 2.1: MAKE A COPY OF YOUR STYLE SHEET IF YOU CREATED A MODIFICATION OF ONE OF THE STYLE FROM THE THEME FOLDER AND MAKE A COPY OF YOUR WELCOME MESSAGE IF YOU MODIFIED IT. The plugin has been updated on all names in the code to be more efficient, but that mean it looks like a new plugin for your site even if it’s just a update
- More options: -link to the post with the thumb on/off
- Don’t overwrite user css style on update.
- Add all options: orderby, captiontag, itemtag, icontag, link