This plugin allows duplicate titles to be detected and avoided across all public post types. The post types that it works on can be selected in the settings page.
This means that you can enforce unique titles across all types of posts, not just the standard blog pages.
Posts with duplicate titles to existing published posts can be prevented from publication and instead saved as draft.
There is a settings page which allows these behaviors to be changed:
- Uniqueness can be detected across all post types or only for the type of post being created.
- The post types to be checked can be selected.
- You can choose to warn about title duplication whilst still allowing publication.
Fix: Corrected settings link.
- Upgrade: Completely changed the way this plugin works, instead of changing the post status to draft after it is published the plugin now prevents a post with a duplicate title from being published in the first place. The option to publish duplicates with a warning is retained.
Fix: revised logic
1.1.1 == 08/02/2018
- Fix for Settings Link.
- Added post type selection in the Settings menu.
- Revised plugin structure to make it more understandable.
- Moved Settings page into Settings menu in Dashboard.
- Updated FAQ’s in Readme.txt
- Added fix for Gutenberg Installations
- Added Review link
- Revised option names for uniqueness.
- Updated code with correct escape sequences and sanitization
- Added settings saved confirmation.
- Added uninstall.php.
- Initial release.