This plugin disables the new Gutenberg Editor (aka Block Editor) and replaces it with the Classic Editor. You can disable Gutenberg completely, or selectively disable for posts, pages, roles, post types, and theme templates. Plus you can hide the Gutenberg nag, menu item, and more!
The all-in-one, COMPLETE solution for handling Gutenberg.
Hide ALL traces of Gutenberg and replace with Classic Editor.
Restores original Edit Post screen (TinyMCE, meta boxes, etc.).
The Disable Gutenberg plugin restores the classic (original) WordPress editor and the “Edit Post” screen. So you can continue using plugins and theme functions that extend the Classic Editor. Supports awesome features like Meta Boxes, Quicktags, Custom Fields, and everything else the Classic Editor can do.
Does not “expire” in 2022! 🙂
Easy to Use
Just activate and done! The default plugin settings are configured to hide all traces of the Gutenberg Block Editor, and fully restore the original Classic Editor. Further options for customizing when/where Gutenberg is enabled are available in the plugin settings.
NEW! Disable Block Widgets and restore Classic Widgets 🙂
- Disable Gutenberg completely (all post types)
- Disable Gutenberg for any post type
- Disable Gutenberg for any user role
- Disable Gutenberg for any theme template
- Disable Gutenberg for any post/page IDs
- Disable Gutenberg admin notice (nag)
- Option to restore Classic Widgets
- Option to hide the plugin menu item
- Option to hide the Gutenberg plugin menu item (settings link)
- Adds “Classic Editor” link to each post on the Posts screen
- Adds item to the WP sidebar menu: “Add New (Classic)”
- Option to enable Custom Fields Meta Box for ACF
- Choose which editor to use for each post
- Whitelist any post title, slug, or ID
- Option to enable/disable frontend Gutenberg stylesheet
Works same as Classic Editor plugin, but can do a LOT more!
Lightweight and super fast, built with WP APIs 🙂
Fully configurable, enable or disable Gutenberg and restore the Classic Editor wherever is necessary.
Automatically replaces Gutenberg with the Classic Editor.
- Super simple
- Clean, secure code
- Built with the WordPress API
- Lightweight, fast and flexible
- Regularly updated and “future proof”
- Works great with other WordPress plugins
- Plugin options configurable via settings screen
- Focused on flexibility, performance, and security
- One-click restore plugin default options
- Translation ready
Works great with Google AMP and the WordPress AMP plugin.
Super light & fast plugin, super easy on server resources!
Gutenberg is a useful editor but sometimes you want to disable it for specific posts, pages, user roles, post types, and/or theme templates. This plugin enables you to disable Gutenberg and replace it with the Classic Editor wherever you want. For example, lots of WordPress users already enjoy robust page-building functionality via one of the many great plugins like Composer or Elementor. So many options, no need to feel “locked in” to using Gutenberg!
If you like Disable Gutenberg, please give it a 5-star rating, thank you!
This plugin does not collect or store any user data. It does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party locations. Thus, this plugin does not affect user privacy in any way.
I develop and maintain this free plugin with love for the WordPress community. To show support, you can make a donation or purchase one of my books:
- The Tao of WordPress
- Digging into WordPress
- .htaccess made easy
- WordPress Themes In Depth
- Wizard’s SQL Recipes for WordPress
And/or purchase one of my premium WordPress plugins:
- BBQ Pro – Super fast WordPress firewall
- Blackhole Pro – Automatically block bad bots
- Banhammer Pro – Monitor traffic and ban the bad guys
- GA Google Analytics Pro – Connect WordPress to Google Analytics
- Simple Ajax Chat Pro – Unlimited chat rooms
- USP Pro – Unlimited front-end forms
Links, tweets and likes also appreciated. Thanks! 🙂