The Nike+ iPod Stats plugin for WordPress is a great way to display to the world how you’re doing at your workouts. It uses Nike’s public API (the same one used for the official Nike widgets) to retrieve your personal data and formats it to display correctly on your WordPress blog.
- A wordpress blog running on a server with PHP ? 4.3.0 compiled with curl support.
- A Nike+ login ID (used to access http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/)
- Minimal knowledge of WordPress to install the plugin
What it does:
- Gets your personal running data from Nike.com in XML format
- Caches the data locally so your site load time is not dependent on the speed of the Nike website.
- Displays your data in an easy to read way.
- Easy to use configuration in your WordPress administration panel
- Ability to enable or disable the display of your “Power Song”
- Ability to display all your goals under the general run data.
- Ability to link your power song to the artist on the iTunes Music Store
- Ability to show your most recent runs
- Graphs your runs
- Display power song album artwork somehow (cached of course) Any suggestions on an album artwork search API? Send me a hint here: email@example.com
- Store data in mysql
- Generate ‘cool challenge status graphic’ (thanks Greg: http://www.zinkwazi.com)
- Enable local storage of challenge participants’ names and/or URL
- Manual entry of runs/miles for non-nike+ users (maybe but not likely)
*Recent Runs does not display correctly unless you’ve run at least twice and synced those runs with the nikeplus website.