WordPress 5.x bundled a new block editor called Gutenberg. With 5.9 version were added the called global styles for Full Site Editing (FSE) that load a lot of inline styles in every page. Despite his benefits, mainly for compatibility reasons with other plugins and previous contents, there are a lot of users that don’t want to activate it yet. If you don’t want the Gutenberg Block Editor and FSE Global Styles in your WordPress install right now, simply install this plugin, activate it and … That’s all!
What does this plugin does?:
- Disables totally the Gutenberg Block Editor
- Disables totally the Full Site Editing (FSE) Global Styles added inline to every page
- Shows and use by default the cool and compatible with everything WordPress Classic Editor
- Plus: Disables the WP 4.9.8 “Try Gutenberg” callout Dashboard widget
No options. Just install & activate the plugin prior to update to WordPress 5.x and you that’s all. You’ll get WordPress 5.x but without the Gutenberg Block Editor.
- This plugin requires WordPress 4.9 or greater with the Gutenberg Plugin installed and activated (for testing purposes) or WordPress 5.0 or greater
- This plugin requires PHP 5.6 or greater