With this plugin you or other users can upload files to your site from any page, post or sidebar easily and securely.
Simply put the shortcode [wordpress_file_upload] to the contents of any WordPress page / post or add the plugin’s widget in any sidebar and you will be able to upload files to any directory inside wp-contents of your WordPress site.
You can add custom fields to submit additional data together with the uploaded file.
You can use it to capture screenshots or video from your webcam and upload it to the website (for browsers that support this feature).
You can even use it as a simple contact (or any other type of) form to submit data without including a file.
The plugin displays the list of uploaded files in a separate top-level menu in Dashboard and includes a file browser to access and manage the uploaded files (only for admins currently).
Several filters and actions before and after file upload enable extension of its capabilities.
The characteristics of the plugin are:
- It uses the latest HTML5 technology, however it will also work with old browsers and mobile phones.
- It is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union.
- It can be added in posts, pages or sidebars (as a widget).
- It can capture and upload screenshots or video from the device’s camera.
- It supports additional form fields (like checkboxes, text fields, email fields, dropdown lists etc).
- It can be used as a simple contact form to submit data (a selection of file can be optional).
- It produces notification messages and e-mails.
- It supports selection of destination folder from a list of subfolders.
- Upload progress can be monitored with a progress bar.
- Upload process can be cancelled at any time.
- It supports redirection to another url after successful upload.
- There can be more than one instances of the shortcode in the same page or post.
- Uploaded files can be added to Media or be attached to the current page.
- Uploaded files can be saved to an FTP location (ftp and sftp protocols supported).
- It is highly customizable with many (more than 50) options.
- It supports filters and actions before and after file upload.
- It contains a visual editor for customizing the plugin easily without any knowledge of shortcodes or programming
- It supports logging of upload events or management of files, which can be viewed by admins through the Dashboard.
- It includes an Uploaded Files top-level menu item in the Dashboard, from where admins can view the uploaded files.
- It includes a file browser in the Dashboard, from where admins can manage the files.
- It supports multilingual characters and localization.
The plugin is translated in the following languages:
- Portuguese, kindly provided by Rui Alao
- French, kindly provided by Thomas Bastide of http://www.omicronn.fr/ and improved by other contributors
- Serbian, kindly provided by Andrijana Nikolic of http://webhostinggeeks.com/
- Dutch, kindly provided by Ruben Heynderycx
- Chinese, kindly provided by Yingjun Li
- Spanish, kindly provided by Marton
- Italian, kindly provided by Enrico Marcolini https://www.marcuz.it/
- Swedish, kindly provided by Leif Persson
- Persian, kindly provided by Shahriyar Modami http://chabokgroup.com
Please note that old desktop browsers or mobile browsers may not support all of the above functionalities. In order to get full functionality use the latest versions browsers, supporting HTML5, AJAX and CSS3.
For additional features, such as multiple file upload, very large file upload, drag and drop of files, captcha, detailed upload progress bars, list of uploaded files, image gallery and custom css please consider WordPress File Upload Professional.
Please visit the Other Notes section for customization options of this plugin.
Plugin Customization Options
Please visit the support page of the plugin for detailed description of customization options.
Please note that old desktop browsers or mobile browsers may not support all of the plugin’s features. In order to get full functionality use the latest versions of browsers, supporting HTML5, AJAX and CSS3.