WP Shieldon is a WordPress security plugin based on Shieldon library, a Web Application Firewall (WAF) for PHP.
When users or robots try to view many of your web pages within a short period of time, they will be temporarily banned. They can get unbanned by solving a Captcha.
You can visit the plugin author – Terry L.‘s blog and try reloading the pages several times to see how this plugin works. You can also try Terry’s login page to find it protected. For more information about Shieldon, please visit shieldon.io
Please note that there are three important things you must understand before using WP Shieldon:
- WP Shieldon is not for beginners.
- Turn the
Trusted Botcomponent on to allow search engine crawlers such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others to smoothly crawl your website.
Open Source Code
- Realtime statistics – See who are browsing your website and their status.
- Beautiful and detailed statistics and dashboard.
- Block bad bots by default – Backlink crawlers, copyright crawlers and WayBack machine bot.
- IP manager – Block signle IP or IP range as you want. (IPv6 supported)
- Online session control – You can limit just how many visitors browsing your website. Good for webmasters whose blog is hosted on a share hosting.
- SEO friendly – You can allow popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others, put them in the whitelist.
- XML RPC, Login, Signup page protection.
- Multiple data drivers – Redis, SQLite, File system, MySQL.
- Multiple CAPTCHA modules – Google reCAPTCHA v2, v3 and Image CAPTCHA.
- XSS Protection.
- Page authentication.
- Many others you can find by yourself.
Check out my other WordPress works here:
- Markdown Editor – WP Githuber MD – an all in one Markdown editor.
- Cache Master – WordPress cache plugin.
- Mynote Theme – Theme for programmers.
WP Shieldon, Copyright 2019 TerryL.in
WP Shieldon is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.