Plugin will improve your website loading speed by caching various types of static files in browser of User. It is light weight plugin but its impact on page loading speed in very crucial and easy noticeable.
1) Serves static assets with an efficient cache policy.
2) Reduces page loading time of website.
3) Improves user experience as page loads very quickly than before.
4) Decreases total data-size of page.
5) Larger band of predefined file types are covered so it will increase bandwidth of files which can have expiry headers.
1) Ability to add expires headers to External Resources
2) Adding new file types for adding expires headers
3) Refresh cache periodically
4) Unset Entity Tags
5) HTTP(Gzip) compression
6) Prevent Specific files from caching
7) Removing version info from files
For Plugin documentation, please refer our plugin website.
1) Make sure that the “mod_expires” module is enabled on your website hosting server.
2) It is necessary to have read/write permission of .htaccess file to plugin. If not then update file permissions accordingly.
3) check status page of plugin for more info.
To use this plugin do the following:
1) Firstly activate Plugin.
2) Go to plugin settings page.
3) Check Files types you want to have expires headers and also add respective expires days for mime type using input box and make sure you enable respective mime type,for which group of files you want to add expires headers.
4) Once you hit “submit” button all options you selected in settings page saved database of website and accordingly .htaccess file will updated and add expires headers for respective selected files.