For use with the popular WordPress plugin MetaSlider allowing slides to be opened in a lightbox, using one of the following supported lightbox plugins:
- Easy FancyBox (300,000+ active installations)
- Simple Lightbox (200,000+ active installations)
- FooBox Image Lightbox (100,000+ active installations)
- WP Featherlight (60,000+ active installations)
- WP Colorbox Lightbox (10,000+ active installations)
- ARI Fancy Lightbox (10,000+ active installations)
- Gallery Manager (8,000+ active installations)
We also support the following WordPress plugins, although they haven’t had recent updates, or sometimes go long periods without the authors fixing issues:
- Responsive Lightbox by dFactory (300,000+ active installations)
Note: Some users are reporting errors with Responsive Lightbox by dFactory (see here).
- WP Lightbox 2 (90,000+ active installations)
- WP jQuery Lightbox (70,000+ active installations)
- jQuery Colorbox (50,000+ active installations)
- Fancy Lightbox (1,000+ active installations)
- imageLightbox (1,000+ active installations)
- WP Lightbox Ultimate
- Lightbox Plus
If you would like to use a lightbox plugin that isn’t supported you can add support by hookng into the
metaslider_lightbox_supported_plugins filter. If you need assistance, please open an issue.
Template and Pattern Library
MetaSlider Lightbox now includes access to the Extendify template and pattern library that can be accessed by clicking the “Library” button in the menu bar of the editor. We provide a variety of templates and patterns to serve different use cases and are adding more templates every week.
Note: Templates and patterns rely on blocks and styling applied by the Editor Plus plugin. The Editor Plus plugin is required when importing a template or pattern. If you uninstall Editor Plus, the templates and patterns will still display on your site, but the styling may be affected. Additionally, stock images included in the templates are hosted on GutenbergHub.com. We recommend replacing the images or adding them to your media library directly.
MetaSlider Lightbox uses a custom API to fetch templates and patterns from the Extendify template and pattern library. To improve the service and stability we store logs which may contain the following:
- browser type
- referring site
- date and time of request
- category selection or search term
- anonymized IP address
API requests are only made when a user clicks on the Library button.
For more details on our terms of service: https://www.metaslider.com/terms-of-use/